Monday, August 8, 2011

Her First Boat Ride

We love spending time on the water, and we are especially fortunate that we live in an area that is surrounded by lakes.  Earlier this summer, we took Mikayla for her first boat ride after Brian got home from work.  She was fascinated, and seemed to really love feeling the wind in her face.

A picnic on the water...can dinner get any better?

A little floating...High five, Daddy!  This is great!

You guys sit back and relax.  I'll be happy to drive us back to the dock.

I honestly think I was more miserable looking at her in the bulky life jacket than she actually was, but bless her heart!

Feeling the breeze on the water

Can't wait 'till she is old enough to get behind the boat for some fun!

P.S.  Yes, Mikayla is in  her pjs in some of the pictures.  After swimming, we got her ready for bed so we could transfer her straight from the truck to her crib since this was a quick trip after work.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Such sweet boating pictures! She looks like a water baby for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you ever able to get the boat into the Lake or did it stay too low?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I posted my comment already but now it isn't there.... so I love seeing pictures of sweet M (and you guys of course)! But I really like the high five pic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, Lara...so, so sad! We have taken it to Falls a couple of times, which is also fun, but just not the same!

    ReplyDelete