Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Welcome to the Club, Honey!

Last week, we had the opportunity to celebrate Brian and his 30th birthday.  He woke up to a trail of 30 balloons that led him to breakfast.



He had to pop each balloon because inside of each one was a little note that shared something I love about him and something about his life for which I am grateful.  It was fun to watch him read each one...it honestly was hard to narrow it down to only 30 balloons!

I also arranged a surprise trip a local lake for just Brian and me.  My mom came and spent time with Mikayla while Brian and I had a picnic and time for wakeboarding on the water.

Our version of romance...his and hers wakeboards

The handsome birthday boy

Brian ready to hop in the water and tear it up on the wakeboard

My turn

Brian was talented enough to get pictures of me wakeboarding.  I, however, was not talented enough to snap a picture of Brian in action (which, trust me, is way more awesome)!

Peanut butter cup cupcakes

Such precious time together

We milked every minute of daylight that we could.  Beautiful sunset, huh?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome birthday! I love the balloon idea, the quiet picnic, and the time just the two of you! And I learned something about you too: I did not know that you wakeboarded!!!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 30 Brian! I think the balloon idea is super cool and wish you would have posted this a month ago when Karl turned 30!!! My turn is tomorrow...today is my last day of being 29!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, right after posting my comment I realized today is Wednesday and not Thursday. my bad, two more days of 29 ;) Can you tell it has been a long week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a creative idea!! So glad B had a fantastic birthday!!

    ReplyDelete